Sunday, December 23, 2012

Caligraphy or just any brush will do

To most than 90% of my work is glaze applied by brushing. I realized that not only it is great tool to control exact thickness of glaze applied, but also brush is great tool to decorate the pot with glazes, which vary its results depend on their thickness. With the time I started looking at brushes differently, I take any brush I can get hands on and learn what it can do for me, what decoration is by each one possible depending on how much glaze I put on it, in what thickness the glaze need to be, how much pressure I need to apply to a brush to do the decoration I like. With experiment quit interesting results start emerging...








There might be even times in future, when I reach for this brush... sees what it can do...


No comments:

Post a Comment